Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Need

I need to eat and I need to drink
I need to sleep and I want to think


I want a home and I need a nest
I want a bed and I need to rest


I want to feast and I need to eat
I want fine wine and my thirst is sweet


I want what I acquire and I need what I require
My wish lists grow with every new desire


My needs and my wants have all been mapped
The me first treadmill turns and I am trapped


But – me and they and you - we are we
I need the same and I want to see


How my hopes and dreams align with us all in mind
My needs and my wants - can they be combined?


I want to be free and I need laws and orders
I want to run free and I need walls and borders


I want to be free and I want to be fair
I need a fair share and I need to share


I need a lot and I want much more
I want to be rich rather than be poor


I want to look good and I need sound sleep
I want to feel great and I need good upkeep


I fear at night and I fear at day
I want and need to keep our fears at bay


I want for love and I need affection
I want for safety and I need protection


I want happiness and I need contentment
I grew with kindness and wilt with resentment


I need my world and I need its health
I need my world and I need its wealth


I share my world and I want good health
I share my world and I want some wealth


We are connected – one and all - each and every one
Our dreams and hopes to be fulfilled in joyful unison...

No comments: