Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Dreams and Demons















It rained so hard, it thundered so loud.
I peeped around, but there was no cloud.

Then I tried to focus a little more.
To bring me back to the shore.

I realised I was asleep.
Or may be in my thoughts, too far too deep.

I saw this ocean, vast and strong.
There was all growling, there was all roar.

I guessed, I needed to wake up now.
Else, I will drown with the whole town.

But, no help came in the vale.
And then I saw this demon by its tail.

Hanging upside down by the tree.
Grinning as it saw people flee.

So I gave myself a strong jolt,
To wake myself up and take the hold.

And here I was in my room.
And saw that demon, so calm so cool.

In the room, hiding in the darkest corner.
Tempting me to come little nearer.

And the leapers in my head pushed me too strong,
to that darkest corner, I couldn't hold.

It told me, "I can give you whatever you want",
But you have to give me whatever I'll ask.

I can make true all your dreams,
and anything you can ever believe.

I need you to give your hopes on dreams,
and faith in people, on which you cling.

I pulled myself back away,
as far from it as much I could stay.

But Alas! There was it on my bed, sleeping fast
and I was taken all aghast.

I tried to remember that one train,
I missed to take because of rains.

Else, there had been no trace of it.
No roaring clouds, no sea, no pit.

I realised I was in dream,
I needed to get up, hence I screamed.

But it was no dream, I finally believed.
There was no cloud, there was no stream.

Only thing around me was endless water,
No God, no home, no church, no altar...

© Vikas Singh and Surreal Aberrant

2 comments:

Helga said...

I visit your blog not just to read what you write - but also the comments by your regular anonymous. Both have their own standing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliment, Helga. See Vikas, at least someone appreciates my writing :D