Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Comfortably Numb


It never felt nicer
It never felt better,
You give me all goosebumps
You give me all jitters.


It never feels wrong
It never feels bad,
Whenever you are around me
I never feel sad.


I don't know if you know
If you know what you do,
You have put me into trance
You are a Voodoo.


It is like crossing a river
When I don't know how to swim,
It is like water is up to my eyes
Or I am drowning into a glass which is filled up to brim.


I was fighting very hard
I was fighting for too long,
When I was about to put my foot down
Here you came along.


I can again smile at flowers
I can again talk to stars,
I can again paint the rainbow
Somehow I have forgotten my scars.


My hand can still feel  the touch of your hair
My shirt still smells of you,
Everything around me is screaming
That right now I should be with you.


I know it is just a dream
I know dreams get over,
I know later I’ll feel like
Having a hangover after getting sober.


But maze of life seems to be on hold
For a while,
The cost of living
Seems worthwhile.


I held your hand and felt that
Everything in life is done,
And now I am ...
... Comfortably Numb.

© Vikas Singh and Surreal Aberrant, 2008-2013

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like your permanent Alternative Rock Song mood....there were weeds around and i found a flower...this is what happens on listening too much rock :D

Anonymous said...

It never felt it's a fantasy
It never felt more real
You write all awesome
Like always, yes, you do.

It never felt you were imagining
It never felt a writer's world
But whatever be, just
Wishing you luck
For writing such pieces, and
Living that life forever...

Helga said...

Beautiful - I always tought it was for someone I knew, and now that I finally onfirmed for whom it was - even better!

~Helga